Ways to shop online Safely
Safest Ways to shop online
Venturing online to purchase goods or services saves considerable time and effort – and also presents you with the widest choice. However, there are some risks associated with online shopping and you need to take care with what you are buying, from whom, and how you pay for your purchases.
That’s why in my website here, I make sure whom I research and whom I send you for more information or a purchase.
Top risks come from Fraud resulting from making payments over unsecured web pages. Bogus online stores/shops – fake websites and email offers for goods and services that do not exist – Buying fake goods intentionally or unintentionally – finding they are of inferior quality and also possibly funding more serious crimes in the process.
Receiving goods or services which do not match the advertiser’s description-Being offered tailored prices based on information gathered by the retailer about your online shopping habits and websites ventures.
How do we shop Safe?
Here is 16 strong tips you can follow:
1. Ensure that any online retailer unfamiliar to you is reputable by researching them. Establish a physical address and telephone contact details. Remember that the best way to find a reputable retailer is via recommendation from a trusted source.
2. Remember that paying by credit card offers greater protection than with other methods in terms of fraud, guarantees and non-delivery.
3. Double check all details of your purchase before confirming payment.
4. Do not reply to unsolicited emails from companies you don’t recognize.
5. Before entering payment card details on a website, ensure that the link is secure, in three ways:
6. There should be a padlock symbol in the browser window frame, which appears when you attempt to log in or register. Be sure that the padlock is not on the page itself … this will probably indicate a fraudulent site.
7. The web address should always begin with ‘https://’. The ‘s’ stands for ‘secure’.
8. If using the latest version of your browser , the address bar or the name of the website owner will turn green.
9. Some websites will redirect you to a third-party payment service Ensure that these sites are secure before you make your payment.
10. Safeguard and remember the password you have chosen for the extra verification services used on some websites, such as Verified by Visa/master card.
11. When making a payment to an individual, never transfer the money directly into their bank account but use a secure payment site such as PayPal, where money is transferred between two electronic accounts.
13. Always log off sites into which you have logged in or registered details. Simply closing your browser is not enough to ensure privacy and security.
14. Always Keep receipts, order and transaction numbers.
15. Frequently Check on credit card and bank statements after shopping to ensure that the correct amount has been debited, and also that no fraud has taken place as a result of the those transactions.
16. Make sure you always have effective and updated antivirus/antispyware software and firewall running before venturing online.
Hope this was of great help to you, shop safely, share this article and spread the good news.
If you need any further help please contact me using the box below and the support page.